Per your request, I’m posting some info on hosting your sparkly new personal portfolios.
Web Hosting Comparisons
Some things you’ll want to spend a little extra to get:
Unlimited Bandwidth and Disc space
Unlimited MySQL Databases
As for email addresses and other features, that depends on what you want to do in the future.
Have a good break, guys!
I have another option for you all in creating your responsive website.
In CSS3, you are able to add width-specific rules, or styles that will only apply if the screen-width fits the parameters you specify.
Take a look at this tutorial to see how to add the responsive elements to your CSS file.
Change the max-screen widths to reflect the size of the tablet or mobile-device.
<link rel=’stylesheet’ media=’screen and (max-device-width: 480px)’ href=’mobile.css’ type=’text/css’/>
Hello class! It looks like the SEEK conference has finally put up their website! Hurrah!
Register early as to not have to pay the late fee!!!
Thank you for being so understanding about canceling class last night.
Unfortunately, we have a lot of work to do to keep on track with the schedule.
- Part 2 of Assignment 1—I have posted directions for the second half of the recipe project. Go over them.
- Exercise 1.4—Look over the notes and images I posted about wireframes.
Make up wireframes for your cooking website and post jpgs to the blog by Monday’s class.
- Start reading “Don’t Make Me Think”
We will discuss the book on 9/30—It might be helpful to read while creating wireframes.
Alright. That should keep you busy this weekend. See you Monday!
Just a reminder—don’t forget to post your 5 recipe card designs to the website before class on Monday.
When adding images to your post, please make sure your files are saved for web—meaning they must be jpg format at 72dpi.
And, like always, categorize your post with your name and the exercise!
In order to teach you better, I have a few things I would like to know about you. Send me an email with the answers to the following questions before our next class meeting:
1. Do you play any school sports?
2. Do you currently have a job? If yes, where and how much do you work?
3. What laptop do you own? How long have you had it?
4. What version of Adobe programs do you have?
5. What is your favorite website and why?
6. Who is your favorite designer and why?
7. What would you like to get out of this course?
Also, don’t forget to purchase the required books ASAP. I recommend purchasing them on amazon tonight. The titles are linked on the resources page. We will be using them as early as next week.
Please register and create a test post to see if you can access the class blog. Delete the test post after you are done.